Create an official e-signature promptly for free
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|Description:||PDF was invented in early 90s as a file format that always looks identical on any device or operating system. The project was called “The Camelot Project” and succeed in turning paper workflow into a digital format. PDFs don't rely on any kind of a software, hardware, or operating system.|
|Technical Details:||The PDF format has become a standard for document transfer between computer architectures due to PDF retains formatting for the file being transmitted and there are numerous viewing programs available. The PDF format allows you to embed the necessary fonts (line-by-line text), vector and bitmap images, forms and multimedia elements.|
|15 June 1993|
Create a legally-binding signature in no time with a powerful signature generator
Create an e-signature that world for any scenario
If you’re looking for ways to create digital signatures online, keep in mind that digital signatures and electronic signatures are not the same. To sign documents online, just like you do with paper and pen, you don’t need a certificate-based signature unless specifically required by your industry or legislation. An electronic signature should work for you just fine. Our easy-to-use tool will help you sign documents in minutes. Here’s how to do it online free of charge.
How to create an online signature for free
- Upload or drag and drop a PDF document(s) for signing.
- Click Add Signature and start drawing one with your finger or stylus.
- Customize your signature by changing its color and line thickness.
- Click Save and Use to exit the signature generator.
- Drag the signature block anywhere on the document.
- Hit Add Signature to add another signature or create a new one.
- Click Finish and download the signed PDF.
What if you need to collect signatures? In that case, you can use our advanced features. But you can do more than just create signatures for free. Edit, annotate. and place fillable fields. Organize your PDF document workflow.
Watch a short video walkthrough on how to sign documents with our signature generator
Learn how to create an online signature for free. Follow along in the generator and sign the document electronically without creating an account or leaving your email address.
The Supreme Features Comparison Chart
Finding the right tool to create electronic signatures can be a tough and very time-consuming process. Use our comparison chart to save time and avoid testing a bunch of platforms. See the advantages and disadvantages displayed in accordance with the most popular criteria.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
How to Create Signutare
How to create a signature online
There is a variety of online solutions that offer an opportunity to create an electronic signature for free. One of them is AltoCreateSignature.com. It does not require registration, however, to enjoy it without issues, you should have a stable internet connection.
To create a signature online with AltoCreatePDF follow the instructions:
- Upload a document you have to sign.
- In the online editor click on Add Signature.
- Draw a signature in the pop-up window and move it to wherever you need it to be.
- Once you are ready, press Finish.
- Refresh your screen if you need to e-sign another document.
The platform’s straightforward interface makes every step easy and predictable. It’s available on desktop, mobile, including Android and iOS given they are connected to the Internet. AltoCreateSignature.com guarantees document security and data protection.
How to create a signature in Google Chrome
Google Chrome is one of the most popular browsers in the world. Not only is it fast, but can also be customized to users’ needs with the help of extensions. In order to create a signature in Google Chrome find the AltoCreateSignature extension in the Chrome Web Store and install it.
To create a signature with the extension, follow the steps below:
- Open the extension and add the document you need to sign.
- Once the document is uploaded, it will open in the editor.
- Use the Add Signature feature to draw a signature and place it.
- Once you finish, download the document.
The AltoCreateSignature extension integrates perfectly with your browser and doesn’t take up your device’s memory or space. In addition, with the Chrome extension you don’t have to switch between the windows.
How to create a signature in Windows
There are many documents, forms and contracts in Word format. Word’s functionality pane allows for the creation of e-signatures inside a document without having to employ additional software.
Set up a signature line in a Word document:
- Identify where you want to add your signature in a Word doc by hovering your cursor over it.
- Select Insert -> Signature line.
- Fill out the fields in the menu and click OK.
- A signature line will appear in the doc.
Signing in Word is pretty straightforward, all you have to do is to select View Signatures in the yellow bar, double click next to X and either type in your name or upload an image with a handwritten signature. Once you’ve done it click Sign. However, there’s a faster, more secure solution. Use AltoCreateSignature to create a unique signature for your docs in seconds.
How to create a signature on a Mac
Mac users don’t need to employ a third-party solution to e-sign documents. Mac has a signature tool embedded in the Preview app. An image of a handwritten signature can be added to any file in several clicks.
Here is how you can create a signature on Mac:
- Write your signature on a piece of white paper.
- Open the Preview app.
- Choose Preferences -> Signatures.
- Click Add Signature.
- Hold the handwritten signature in front of the camera and click Accept to capture a picture of it.
- Select Edit -> Annotate -> Signature.
- Next, the signature box to anywhere in the document.
Many, including us, would say that the process of signing on Mac is not simple or straightforward. Security wise there are risks your signature will be considered invalid. To avoid that, use altocreatesignature.com for faster, more secure e-signatures.
How to create a signature with Acrobat Reader
Adobe Reader is a software program developed to manipulate and modify PDF documents. It’s compatible with nearly every platform and can be installed on desktops and mobiles like smartphones and tablets. If you need to create a signature with Acrobat Reader, sign up for a free trial. Just keep in mind that it is a trial and only offers limited functionality.
E-sign in Acrobat Reader:
- Open up a document.
- Select Sign in the toolbar.
- In the pop-up window specify certain fields.
- Click Sign and choose to add either a signature or initials.
- Subsequently, draw, type or upload an image of a handwritten signature.
Adobe Acrobat is a huge player in working with PDF files. The drawback to working with their software is that it is expensive and sometimes not so easy-to-use. Those who don’t want to pay for pricey subscriptions choose online solutions like AltoCreateSignature. Do everything you can in Adobe, but for free and without having to register an account.
How to create a signature on a mobile device
Signing documents on mobile devices is a very handy opportunity in the modern business world. iOS users can create signatures via the built-in Markup application. Though, Androids users still need to employ third party applications to be able to create signatures.
Get professional looking signatures on mobile:
- Open a file.
- Tap the Pen icon.
- Draw a signature.
- Drag the signature where it is needed.
Creating signatures on devices like smartphones and tablets is fast and easy. Respond quickly to contract emergencies and can save a lot of time and frustration. Go to altocreatesignature.com to learn more and get started.
How to create a signature on iOS
Create a signature and sign forms and contracts on your iPhone and iPad with the help of their built-in Markup application. It allows Apple users to sign files, notes and even mail. You can create a signature and save it. Later apply that signature to anything you need signed.
Sign on an iPhone or iPad in 5 simple steps:
- Open a document.
- Tap the Pen in the top right-hand corner.
- Next, click on the Pen in the lower right-hand corner and as soon as the window appears, tap Signature.
- In the new window that appears draw your signature and tap Done.
- Place the signature and push Done.
iOS’s features for signing provide its users with on-the-go flexibility. If you find yourself in a situation where you need more functionality, we suggest you use AltoCreateSignature. It’s fast, powerful and free.
How to create a signature on an Android
Unlike iOS users, Android users don’t have a built-in feature for signing documents. They need to download an application from the Google Play Store. There, users can find free and subscription-based apps.
To sign on Android:
- Download our application (AltoCreateSignature) from the Play Store.
- Use the application to open a document.
- Tap the Pen icon and draw a signature.
- Drag a signature to where you need it in the doc.
- Save the signature for a reusing later.
Before you choose an application to create a signature on Android, go through the tool’s reviews and see what others are saying about it. It’s best to use a platform trusted by thousands of daily users like AltoCreateSignature.
Since Microsoft Word allows the adding of a signature to a document, there is no need to make use of a third-party solution. Here is how you can generate a signature in Word: 1) Decide where on the document you want to apply your signature. 2) Click Insert. 3) Choose the Signature Line and fill out fields in the pop-up window. 4) Press OK.